Friday, September 10, 2010

A view of Newport


So we've (my office) officially "moved up" in the world. Our address now reads, Newport Beach. I have my own business cards again, not like it really matters because who am I "networking" with to hand them out. Our new space is amazing, actually smaller than our old building but in a better layout and just better looking in general. Everyone is excited to have arrived. :D

Countdown until my birthday has unofficially begun seeing in how its still two months out but ... it's pretty darn close. The big 2-5; I can now rent a car ... sweet? Age is only a number now, when I was younger I used to hold that number to a high standard because there were things to look forward to. Now the only things to look forward to aren't limited by a number but just on how much or fast you want to obtain your goal. I thought I would feel weird about my birthday because 25 just sounds so old but I've come to the realization that it's not old, it can be as young as I want it to be. It's a new stage in life and it's time to command it.

I am spending my time and efforts of friendship and love more wisely too. I've learned that it's not worth all the stress in my life to keep a friendship that I feel is so one-sided. She's not a horrible person, and you can say that it's unfair for her that I've grown up; because now I am looking for something different out of my friendships than what she can offer me. With that being said it's not fair to me to look past what I want just because she hasn't followed suit. I can see how blindsided she was with my choice in ending the friendship but then again it definitely didn't come out of left field. I've talked with her countless times on things that were bothering me as you should in a friendship/relationship - communication is key; but it always seemed to fall flat or on deaf ears. I may not be perfect or the best friend someone could have because everyone has their selfish moments but I at least try and made every effort I could have to be a fair friend and always take her feelings into consideration when I knew mine were the last thing on her mind. I really hope she finds some kind of inner self confidence and strength to be the best woman, mother, wife she can be. She deserves someone far better than what she is so desperately trying to hold onto.

On a much more exciting and happier note Trav and I got a new TV :D. It's a 46 inch Mitsubishi LED, it did take some getting used to, the screen looks a little 3D at times because of how clear the picture comes out but it's been nice. Just in time for Football to start! ... coincidence? yes actually, that or Paul's TV new just what they were doing by advertising the great financing deal they did that Thursday before Labor Day.

Speaking of Labor Day, I did not get that Saturday off school :(, but I guess that's good might as well keep chugging along until this class is done. SL2 at 8am on Saturdays - oh joy! My teacher, professor, is 100% deaf and the class is about 95% signing and 5% writing on the board to make sure we fully understand what he's trying to say to us. I've pretty much jumped in head first and it's sink or swim time in remembering my sign from three years ago. So far so good, treading water with the rest of them. We have to go to two deaf events and spend at least two hours at each event and then write a page paper on what we learned observed etc while there. Should be interesting. :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment