Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Slacker

I know I am supposed to update this every Sunday, then that turned into every Monday - I did have every intention of doing it yesterday but a friend was having a bad day so there went those plans. My night turned out really well, dinner, wine, skype with my shanooks (with Travis and Emma too), and a slumber party.

Last week was really low key but very much needed at the same time. The NFL draft came and went, Trav had some guys over and I was enjoying myself. I can't wait for the season to start.

I will say this in here because the only people that read my blog are people that already know this, I am glad I have independent strong friends that don't need a babysitter. Enjoy the solitude of a night alone when you get it, it comes few and far between the busy hours days months of your life. Take a step outside of your comfort zone and realize the boogie man won't get you.

I apparently left my car window down last night (not all the way but a good amount to where you could put your arm in and unlock the door if you wanted) and nothing was taken. My sunglasses lay on the passenger seat, my Cd's in my door, the jacket and blanket strewn across the back seats ... everything right where it was left. That was either luck or we picked the right apartment complex to live in. Mind you, I won't be testing this theory of mine and will count those lucky stars and double check my windows from now on hah.

Saturday night I got to see a lot of my girl friends and that was nice, we hung out at Amanda's house because she was putting on her first "brown bag party". I got some bath salts and this stuff called satin sheets; it's supposed to absorb the "wet spot", but you know there really isn't a wet spot afterwards anymore. We do move positions quite a bit. We'll see maybe it'll be useful in the summer months ahead. I am planning to have a party in a month for her! Those parties are always a blast.

Sunday Travis and I played some mini golf at Boomers in Irvine, I lost of course. It was fun he and I had never been and I think it's something we will do again soon. We also went to game 6 for the King's playoff game. They were eliminated. Boo. It's been 6, or 8, years since they were in contention for the Stanley Cup so I feel lucky to even the chance to see them lose. As they always say in sports, there's always next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment