Monday, March 8, 2010

6am Sirens


This morning I was woken a little earlier than usual by sirens from the fire station near my house on El Toro blaring. Sounded like a lot of sirens so I wonder what happened, nothing was in the news about it this morning.

My week last week pretty much consisted of house shopping. Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Anna's Linens. It was fun, got frames, pillows, sheets, small table, towels, rugs, you name it when got it. So this weekend while Travis was at work I hung up some frames around the house, feeling a little more like home. It still is weird though, I don't feel any different than I did living at home. I told Travis that I think it's because it's only a month to month lease for some reason - as if that makes a difference.

My mom and Jason came over on Saturday night and had dinner and played the Blockus game Shane and Megan left from Friday night with us. We had our Raymond Cabernet, just as good as the first times we've had it, then the cheap 1.67 bottle - it made that stuff taste like grape juice, or even communion wine lol. I like making dinner for people, I like having people over; not necessarily parties per say but small groups of friends like my old game nights. Those are far and few now a days since I moved kind of far. Hopefully Shannel will make her way down to the North end of "South County" and be my neighbor.

Is it time for Vacation yet?

My benefits have kicked in and I have sick days to use, but then I always feel guilty about using them. Odd. It's also hard to know when to suck it up and go in and when it's ok to just stay home. Since I am at the front I have to be here all the time but I think if I don't use them then I don't get them ... booo.

No comments:

Post a Comment