Monday, March 15, 2010

Mondays are my new Sunday

This past week has been pretty quiet. It's been a nice change to have a slow steady week and then you can have fun on the weekend. :D Krista came over on Monday, that was nice to catch up with events in her life. I love her.
I got some workout DVDs ... I have to work extra hard this week for slacking on the weekend - I know I know ... already. My shoulder is killing me though (might be from the Wii, it's dangerous. They do need to come up with a Wii-R) My plan is to be sexy by definitely June.
I'm not concerning myself with weight, but rather with how I feel and look in my clothing. I think that tends to be more of an accurate scale of body image. Weight is just numbers.
Saw Alice in Wonderland on Friday night, it was good, not great but good. I would recommend it to anyone that asked it's not a waste of time; and the dance that Mad Hatter does at the end of the movie is hilarious. I loved the colors and the costumes, I think they did a good job on the visuals but that comes at no surprise.
Saturday Amy came down and we hung out, she and Travis played pool at the pool hall right down the street from our place, it was fun. It didn't have the best reviews on yelp about the wait staff but I found them to be very attentive but not too much where you would find them annoying. Just the right balance.
Sunday I met up with Alyse Tara and Shannel and we got to sample Scentsy's new scents and I wasn't disappointed. They were delicious. You know if they were smart they would venture out of just selling wick less candles and maybe market lotions or bath salts. I can see that being very profitable for them.
Oh my cousin Gerry just text me saying his wife Betsy (she learned she had "NHL" Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma right around Christmas this past year) has one spot left on her chest and 3 chemo sessions left. The doctor says he can't use the word "remission" yet but it is surely close! That makes me very excited. The advances the medical field has made over the last decades has been amazing, there have been at least three members of my family that have had cancer in the last 10 years and all have survived. Makes me very hopeful.
I wrote on my facebook today ... "after how many go arounds do you get tired of walking in circle? at least change the scenery" Walking in a circle gets you nowhere. When you are in the circle you don't seem to notice though - must be a short term memory thing. Sometimes you have to give up hope on - maybe this guy'll be different. Honey, none of them have been different, open those eyes of yours and use your head. Confusing as to why I care so much seeing in how this person is immature/stubborn but I hate to see someone falling (no matter who they are) down the hole they dug themselves and have dug themselves out of countless times. When will you learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment